Monday, August 17, 2009

Do-It-Yourself - Laundry Cleaners

Pin It

Don't miss the other Do-It-Yourself Cleaners:
I did a post in the very beginning of this blog about homemade laundry detergent so go check that out and scroll down to see the other laundry cleaners here!

*Bleach Alternative*
  • 1/2 cup borax
  • 2 gallons hot water
or
  • hydrogen peroxide (3%)
Soak the borax in the hot water for 5 mins. Use just like regular bleach.


*Laundry Softener*
  • 2 cups white vinegar
  • 2 cups baking soda
  • 4 cups water
Combine over the sink (it will fizz), pour in a plastic bottle (an empty downy bottle will be perfect!) and shake. Use in your downy ball or in the final rinse cycle!


post signature

I have not tested everything and do not know what works best for you. I am not responsible for any damage caused by any product you use in your household. I am not saying any of this will even damage anything, I am just watching my back. Feel free to leave a comment about your experience with any of these!

No comments: